If you are developing a new technology, improving existing technology, products or processes, you could be eligible to receive tax credits or cash refunds under the SR&ED program. Qualified Canadian Controlled Private Corporations (CCPC’s) can receive up to 35% back of eligible expenditures incurred in the development of new or improved products or processes. Foreign owned or public corporations can qualify for a 20% tax credit (this will change to 15% in 2014) on eligible expenditures. For further information about SR&ED program check our SR&ED Eligibility page.
Kelid™ assists filing SR&ED tax credit claims by completing the following steps:
- Scoping meeting determining eligible SR&ED projects in reference to CRA’s eligibility guidelines
- Selecting and orienting SR&ED projects;
- Validating the eligibility of the projects and the related expenditures;
- Preparing technical and financial documents connected with the projects;
- Assisting with the preparation of tax schedules;
- Supporting your company during financial and/or scientific audits;
- Providing specifically designed project tracking templates;
- Providing time tracking, testing log and costing templates as part of supporting evidences
It costs you nothing to ask for a meeting to see if any of your work this year is eligible for this tax credit, because we do not get paid until your SR&ED claim successfully goes through. We strongly suggest to check out Kelid’s interactive Self-Assessment Tool to determine eligibility of your projects.